Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Growing industries with demand for mechanical engineers? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brycew467

Student
Jul 11, 2022
US
What are some quickly growing industries that have a high demand for mechanical engineers? I’m an ME senior and am looking for places to apply to. It would be very helpful if you all could give me some suggestions of industries/companies that I could look into. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Robotics.
Electric vehicles.

Doesn’t your school have a placement office? Are companies recruiting on campus?

Where are you willing to locate to?

Many growing industries require the skills of a mechanical engineer. These include the automobile and aerospace industries, medical equipment, oil and gas production, renewable energy systems, and food processing. Thus, studying mechanical engineering may be a good option if you're interested in expanding your career prospects into new areas or want to gain more experience in particular fields.

There are plenty of companies recruiting on campus, but they are mostly construction and HVAC companies. I am not particularly interested in either of these. Robotics sounds like a good fit for me, but I have checked and there are no companies in my area. I wouldn't mind moving out of the area for the right job, so I will apply to a few positions that are robotics related.

Tell us what you're interested in, right now you're going to get a lot of opinions that range the wide field that is mechanical engineering.

My 2 cents: companies that make specialty equipment for various industries (e.g. semiconductor and pharmaceutical) require mechanical engineers to do original equipment design.

Depending on your desire to do coding, you could always go the software dev route, but that's not an ME focused option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back