Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Guidance on Slot tolerances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreCowbell45

Mechanical
Mar 27, 2024
US
I have a slot I'm trying to figure out, past drawings have a MSS on the slot and making a new Datum then a width single segment FCF. I think its wrong and should just have two position controls on the witch and height and get right of the MSS all together. the slot depth is a whopping .13 on the real part. just looking for some guidance on how to make this better or correct

SLOT_IN_QUESTION_wprsat.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The perpendicularity tolerance under the position feature control frame is a refinement of orientation, I wouldn't say it creates a multiple single-segment callout - that term is usually used for two position segments (with separate symbols). Whether the datum scheme with slot height as a datum feature is appropriate is a matter of function - what features constrain the degrees of freedom in assembly? Other than that why is there a diameter symbol before the position tolerance value applied to the length dimension?

Thanks that's makes it more clean with you explanation, Sorry the diameter symbol is wrong and should not be there. I recreated this to fast from my actual part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back