Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Guided Wave Simulation in 3D bent pipe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taher53

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2019
IN
I am new to Abaqus and i am trying to propagate a shear wave along the length of the bent pipe and check if any reflections are observed from the tip or not. As i am applying vertical displacement in step-1 on a node on the circumference on one end of the pipe, permanent deformations are observed. I have tried the same by distributing the displacement on multiple nodes, still im getting the same results.
I have used 54KHz frequency 3 cycle hanning pulse as displacement, C3D8 as element type.

Can anyone suggest some solution for the same.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would suggest to delete this and post in the abaqus forum.

For your info normally a force is applied to excite ultrasonic waves - see work from Imperial College NDE group (Peter Cawley,...), they might describe how they are excited in one of their many thesis available on their website

@Erik Panos Kostson
I have already checked few papers. None of them mentioned how exactly they are exciting the waves.
And how will wave propagation differ from excitation using displacement than excitation using force?

Again for more specifics on how to apply a forced/disp. excitation in abaqus post this in the abaqus forum.
(just apply either force or displ., and look at the corresponding wave, just try it - most often PZT or EMAT one applies forces since this is what they apply to the structure they are attached to)

Also have in mind and for your reference that this is a forum for professionals.

For students use this:

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back