Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hai! Can you please help me. F

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGSMAY

Civil/Environmental
Jul 7, 2022
PH
Hai!
Can you please help me. FOR THE SPICING OF BEAMS

For splicing in beams, the spicing at the top bar is at 1/3L of the beam ot at midspan. For the bottom bars, It is a bit confusing because there is a provison that no splicing 2D at the face of the support.
However, there are also cases where splicing is at the support by 5OD and not more than 1/8L from the face of the column.

My question is where should be the lapping zone for the bottom bars of the beam. If there is a provision that no splicing atleast 2D from the support, because if that,s the case then it is possible to splice at the support beacuse of the excess lapping length even though not more than 1/8L.
Is it okay to splice at support despite the provision for 2D?

please help me. Im confused, I hope someone will answer

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=aec35c93-8a0e-48db-b903-f7e87a2e449f&file=beam_splice.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First, we need to clarify the situation. I'm guessing based on the diagram that you're looking at reinforcing for a concrete beam or slab that is continuous over multiple supports. Is that correct?

Rod Smith, P.E., The artist formerly known as HotRod10

I don't think the modern reinforced concrete codes have any recommendation, or prohibition, on the location of lap splice in the beams. Can you provide the reference on which you got the ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back