half section view problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

subsearobot

Mechanical
Jan 19, 2007
US
Hi
My work is converting to Inventor from SW. (Is there a support group for this transition? it's killing me)

when I am looking at a half-section view, and i float my cursor over the model, a red wire-frame-like ghost appears (see attached). how do I make it go away? I do not like this ghost; I make a half section so that I can see stuff; I dont want to see what I have purposely cut away!

HELP!!
thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=27990af8-edbf-4e36-8609-7b25343ef273&file=inventor.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I apologize for the generic response, and I am looking into this. I may not be able to respond fully until tomorrow but..
Can you tell us which version of inventor you are working with? For now the place I would start looking would Be Tools>Application Options> Display.

Hi Wrw,
Inventor 2014 pro.
I had a look at display options, and cant seem to "fix" it. but i am an ignoramus at this software, so likely am missing something simple.
thanks!

I don't know if this is just something you prefer not to see or if it is troublesome when you are presenting the model to someone.
If it is the latter, a workaround would be tools>application options> colors>deselect "enable Prehighlight". This is not section specific and will get rid of previewing all parts by hovering.
If it is the former, then I don't have a solid answer for you.

I'm no expert here either. Maybe one of the experts can chime in, or you can seek help from the larger inventor forums from autodesk. There are developers, moderators, and certified inventor users over there.

As you said, this seems to be such a simple thing that we should have control over, and I agree. By the same token, this is something that doesn't really interfere with much outside of aesthetics and may just have been looked over.

thanks for looking deeper, Wrw.
deselecting both the enhanced highlight and prehighlight does not affect my issue with the red wireframe. I have noticed that my selection mode (faces/ edges or body or features etc) influenced which details are shown in the wireframe (the highlight is the selected features as would be shown without the 1/2-section mode enabled)

my design technique has developed using solidworks (which certainly has its limitations). perhaps I need to adapt to inventor now, but I have reached the age where I like the tools that I know- so I am resistant to change...

wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back