Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Half View - Problems - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcharles

Mechanical
May 14, 2001
GB
I have created a half view cross section from a general view. The problem is that I need the sectioned view flipping 180 degrees i.e. (It is showing X-Y, i need to show Y-X, if you know what I mean). when I go to reorient the general view, it tells me it cannot change the half view, or if I flip the arrows, nothing happens. Please help. I do not want to start again defining new sections as it would be a real headache. Is there a quick solution.

Cheers and in desperation.

Charlie

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use a little trick for some cases. Create another general view of the part outside the limits of the paper. Use this view to create the half view cross section. In this way the view you want depends on a view that will not print so you don't care if it's in the correct possition.

Pascul

I'm sorry but your trick does work but this the lazy way, not to mention it increases the size of you drawing and regen time. I had co-worker that praticed this and it drove other users nuts, not to mention myself. Do it the right way and it makes life easier for everyone.

Toff

I did try the flip, as in my original post but the view stayed the same give or take a few hidden lines. I want the who assembly mirrored ala X-Y TO Y-X. Can it be done without rehashing everything ?????

Continuing along pascual's lines...
1. modify your new section view to be general,
2. move it to its appropriate place on the drawing sheet to be alligned where it should appear,
3. modify it agin to be a projected view selecting yur main view to be uased as a projection reference as its parent,
4. modify the cross section to show arrows in this main view,
5. delete the superfluous general view off to the side of your drawing sheet. (don't erase! use delete)

I agree whole heartedly with Tofflemire, practices putting bad information on the drawing are lazy and make future work on the drawing for others a real nightmare.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back