Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Happiness with 2009 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbeck11

Mechanical
Dec 7, 2001
US
My IT guy just asked me if I am ready to have the group goto 2009 sp1 from 2008 sp4.0.

How has 2009 be running for those of you running it?

Thanks.

Todd

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have just installed 09 and are experiencing some graphics issues

Down loaded the latest drivers from SW site but couldn’t install it just get an error message about unsuitable hardware
Our VAR is looking into it

Jim Self
SW09 SP1
Dell Precision 670
3GB Ram
Quaddro FX 3400/4400
dlplimited.com

For the first time after an upgrade I'm writing up a nice long list of issues that my guys are finding with 09 so that I can hit my VAR all at once. And i'll keep hitting until they have them all covered in some form. On the whole it's been a positive experience, just a couple of rough spots to iron out.

Joe Hasik, CSWP/SMTL
SW 08 x64, SP 4.0
SW 09 x64, SP 0.0
Dell T3400
Intel Core2 Quad
Q6700 2.66 GHz
3.93 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600

I've just had one issue (XPx32 system) with origins not aligning correctly when a part is inserted into an assy, but other than that have found it to be very stable.

[cheers]

Whoa--my assemblies suddenly started that noise, and I'm on v2007 still. But I installed eDrawings 2009 (viewer, not publisher). That is driving me nuts. It fixes the first part left and down of the origin (from front view) every time now. Is it possible this could be embedded in a template file somehow? Seriously, I'd really like to track this down if possible--the only changes to my system is the v2009 eDrawing viewer--haven't yet installed SWv2009.

Jeff Mowry
A people who value security over freedom will soon find they have neither.

I just heard back from my VAR and they suggested the registry trick ... which worked. Parts now align correctly.

I just found a new problem though ... I cannot select a conical face to Wrap a sketch onto!!!

[cheers]

One of the issue with 2009 is that the "Print Selected Area" in Print dialogue is missing. Now thare is no choice to print a certain area of the drawing.

You can still print an area of a drawing, but the interface has changed for 2009. If you want to print an area of a drawing, zomm to the area you wish to print and select "Current Screen Image" for the print range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back