Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hard contact and mpc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bat585

Mechanical
May 28, 2007
KR
hello

I'm modeling two solids: an hard contact exists between the two solids so that there is no penetration of one solid in the other. Then I want to constraint a part of the common surface with a MPC function in order to link the two solids.

An error message occurs : because of the MPC function and the hard contact, some nodes are over constrained.

What should I do in order to prevent the penetration and to link the two solids?

Thank you for your answer

bat585

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could try using tied contact - that will tie the two solids together once they touch.

Regards

Martin

Martin Stokes CEng MIMechE

in fact it is not possible to do that .

The solid are in contact and during a weld pass I need to Tie the nodes ( time dependant function MPC) progressively.

Thank you for answering.

bat585

Could contact definitions between the two surfaces work? I know that *MODEL CHANGE also allows for the activation and deactivation of a contact pair.

However, I'm not sure of how to (un)tie the nodes as a time dependent event (if you do, I'd love to hear it!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back