Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikel526

Mechanical
Jan 12, 2003
US
I have terrible trouble using hard points on areas. Typically the meshing fails if there are more than a few points. After repeated attempts with different meshing parameters the model becomes corrupted. One symptom is that it starts creating hundreds of keypoints at 0,0,0 on its own. Also, the hardpoints cannot be deleted even if you delete the area.

I am contacting ansys on this. Please let me know of your experiences and send an example if you can

Much thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello, mikel526!

I have no problem at all in creating hardpoints. But I don't know what you intend to say "more than a few points...". And of course I think that it is very important how these HP's are distributed over the area.
I tried a little example with a rectangular area and I placed 10 HP's on it. The meshing process doesn't failed (but I have a warning about a shape of an element). I suppose that you try to put many HP's that during the meshing process generate (by their position) elements with error.
About deleting HP's you must be careful to clear the mesh first.

Best regards,

Justin Onisoru
----------------------------------------
Researcher, Institute of Solid Mechanics
Romanian Academy, Bucharest
-----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back