Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Harmonic Response Problem with FEMAP v2022.1 MP 1 - METHOD Card not Being Written

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandersen

Aerospace
Jan 12, 2022
US
We have recently upgraded to Simcenter Femap 2022.1 and I'm having difficulty getting a harmonic response running. I am getting an error, directly copied here from the f06 file:

^^^ USER FATAL MESSAGE 9056 (MODEFSRS)
^^^ NO METHOD COMMAND WAS SPECIFIED IN THE CASE CONTROL SECTION
^^^ THIS ERROR MIGHT ALSO BE CAUSED BY NO RESIDUAL SUBCASE SPECIFIED IN A SUPERELEMENT MODEL

On inspection of the .dat file, no 'METHOD' card is being written, and I don't see any 'EIGRx' card either. It's been some time since I've done a frequency response analysis, but in previous versions of FEMAP I don't recall having to explicitly specify that a METHOD entry needs to be written out. Plain old modal analyses work fine, but when it comes to doing the modal analysis in a frequency response analysis, no luck.

I am simply missing a flag or switch somewhere in FEMAP? Has there been some change introduced in v2022.1? A bug?

Anyone?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please verify you have a load defined in the boundary conditions. The load must have a "vs. Frequency" function defined. I have found that if a frequency-dependent load is not defined as a boundary condition, FEMAP does not write a EIGRL card. Once it defines the EIGRL card, the method command should appear in your case control referencing EIGRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back