Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hartford Steam Boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Hartford Steam Boiler AI, I look on this as a positive thing, no pucker factor increase here. AIG is selling its strongest financial assets, and most of us at HSB have grown weary of AIG, who paid the largest fines of any corporation in history back in 2006, even before the current debacle. No AIG logo or name ever appeared on any HSB documents, and most people were not aware of the ownership.

The inspection of new Code fabrication and repairs is a small portion of HSB, the real money is in the insurance end of the business. Those of us in Code Services expect to be left alone to do our thing just as we have been under AIG.

Being owned by a German company instead of an American one is the only downside I see, though how "American" companies like AIG, GM, GE, etc. are in the 21st century is certainly an open question.

Bottom Line: You want your pressure vessel or boiler inspected and your data report signed, you still call Hartford Steam Boiler.

I'll tell you if it was up to me, I would sentence AIG, Citigroup, American car manufacturers executives and this so called hedge fund wizard out of NYC guilty to the firing squad. Countless families in the US are suffering from these jerks and the economy is nearly wrecked which impacts all engineers.

Chicopee,
You have not got a monopoly of these "greedy" individuals in the US. We here in the UK are suffering the aftermath of these people with no moral fibre in their backbones. I agree I would also stand them against the wall but the establishment will allow them to keep their ill-gotten gains whilst the rest of suffer due to them!!!

You are right DSB123, however, when the USA "sneezes" it reverberates throughout the globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back