Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone seen this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

energyuser

Petroleum
Oct 29, 2005
US
Can anyone tell me what this pattern on this chart represents? We cannot figure it out. Any help as to what it is and how to solve it would help. This is a gas well with a pumpjack that produces about 14 bbls a day off water appox 2900 feet.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi.

There is not a lot of info, but I'll give 'er a rattle:

It looks like at 3 pm Wednesday, the well began loading with fluid, as your gas volume is decreasing. This may have been a gas locking situation of the insert. At about 6pm, the well unloaded and flumped and flailed for a while, until it gas locked again. It looks like your jack may have been down until about 0100 Thursday morning, when it began flumping again.

Possibly you are seeing gas locking as a result of tail joints in your well. I would suggest having sumping your pump deeper and hanging a pump joint below your pump, so that the strainer nipple is below the tubing string. This will serve to reduce your gas locking.

Hope this helps but caveat emptor....

yimc,
That is the same answer I gave him "Measurement and Control Instrumentation".

energyuser,
It isn't a good idea to cross post the same question in two fora without indicating that you are shopping for answers.

David

Please forgive the duplicate question. I had accidentally posted to the other forum before finding this one. i appreciate the feedback however and and not shopping for answers in multiple forums. Once please forgive the duplication. It will not happen again.

yimc seems to have nailed this one, based only upon the gas chart.

Is there any daily record of liquid prodution to correlate to the gas chart? Also look at your pump effiecny 14 bbl/d is a low liquid volume, likely you are pumping off and pulling gas into your bottom hole pump. If its an electrified site you could set a time clock to reduce the effect, or look at pump off control.

First steps should be to ensure maximum system design eff:
1. Get your tubing end below perforations
2. Space your Pump as close to bottom as possilbe 1" off tap is great
3. Snorkle your pump (stick the end out of the tubing into the casing.
4. If you are utilizing a tubing anchor - remove it, at this depth it only centralizes your tubing and holds it into the gas stream.
5. if you can not lower your tubing below perfs, install an ENGINEERED gas anchor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back