Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Having issue with consolidating date and time vectors in large array to datetime in one vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavbilly

Chemical
May 17, 2016
US
I could only find a limited amount of video instruction on this, new to Matlab.
I have some data files with date and time in separate column vectors, but want to plot the time stamped data, so that date and time are together (as x axis on plot).

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What you are telling me is that to concatenate the two columns requires (1) that the date reference needs to be consistent to the same date between logger file (consistent with Microsoft)and the MatLab software definition of date relative to a starting date (different than Microsoft date). Then I must convert the time into a real fraction and add this to the integer date, as one final output vector.
That sounds about right, as I did run into some odd looking date times after trying straightforward addition without conversion to Matlab date.

I was using Excel previously when the files only had about 35,000 rows. Since we will be running for about 1 week to 2 weeks at a time, the LOGGERXX.csv might have as many as 1,209,600 rows as some of the data is updated once per second, some has a variable update time about 5 seconds to 60 seconds, depending on a dial setting, and some updates once per minute. Plotting part of all these separate blocks of data into one consolidated graphic might get interesting. We have not had the ability to get everything running on one Arduino Mega. Trying to work more than about 35,000 rows in Excel gets really tedious, and I think it cannot handle past 1,000,000 rows anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back