Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having issues with leader stubs for Datum Feature Symbols. NX9

Status
Not open for further replies.

morans

Mechanical
Feb 5, 2009
US
Hello all! I'm having an issue in NX9 where I can't position a Datum symbol directly under the extension line, but only in some NX parts files. NX will only let me add them with a stub, where it sits offset to the left/right.

I've tried inheriting the annotation settings from a known good Datum symbol, hoping that would fix the issue, but it doesn't. I've searched and search and can't seem to find an answer for this. Any ideas? I doubt it's a customer default setting either, since it seems file dependent.

Here is a few images to show you what I mean. Sorry if my description wasn't entirely illustrating what I'm talking about.

5-23-2017_12-52-27_PM_blvic6.png

5-23-2017_12-51-50_PM_jj4fz8.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the help! I accidently replied to that other thread lol Here is a copy paste from it.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. It will snap to either the left or the right side of the symbol, but not the center.

Under normal operation, it will function exactly like you showed in the AVI in that post... but some parts that I have to work on don't operate like that. I have to assume that some random setting is changed with those parts in particular that is causing this behavior.

Even more odd, I have a few files where on Sheet 1, the Datum Symbol feature acts completely different than on Sheet 2 on the same file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back