Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heat Exchanger Channel with a Body Flange

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandljm

Mechanical
Jun 21, 2007
US
I am attempting to build the following rear (bottom)channel assembly in Compress:

Tubesheet (integral with shell and channel)
24-inch long channel
Body Flange
36-inch long channel
Ellipsoidal head with 1" SF

Any suggestions on how to build this in the Compress Heat Exchanger module?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your question is a little unclear. Are both tubesheets fixed, or is the rear a floating tubesheet? Just (1) body flange? One on each channel?

To build any part of an exchanger in Compress, the only way I know how to do it right is to build the whole exchanger.

--------------------------------
Fitter, happier, more productive

This is an existing exchanger with both tubesheets fixed. The top tubesheet is integral with the shell with a bolted on bonnet.

As stated previously, the bottom tubesheet is integral with the shell and a cylinder on the tubeside. The cylinder on the tubeside (24-inches long) is attached to a body flange. The mating body flange is then attached to 36-inch long cylinder with an ellipsoidal head closure.

I have attempted to build the entire exchanger in the Compress heat exchanger module. The issue I am having is bottom tubeside assembly that is described in the second paragraph. From what I have tried, Compress does not seem to like this configuration (cylinder/body flange/cylinder/head). Perhaps Tom or others may have some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back