Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heat Pump calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoadMonitor

Electrical
Dec 28, 2010
IE
Hi All

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in. If it is in the wrong one my apologies.
I could do with some help with some calculations on a boiler. My area is more on the electrical and BMS side.
I have a project where I have the values of a number of points on an Mbus network and I need to visualise some of the results. The readings I have and there values at the time of writing this can be seen in the image.

Points_lqbi4k.jpg

I need to try and calculate the following;

Gas into the heat pump per hour
Heat out of the heat pump per hour
Heat Pump Efficiency per hour (Heat Out/Gas In)
Heat Pump Efficiency per day (Heat Out/Gas In)
Mean Ambient temperature per hour
Mean Ambient temperature per day
A correlation between the heat pump efficiency and the ambient temperature

If anybody could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A good starting point would be an understanding of what each of those data points represents physically.

First, you would get more response if this was in the HVAC/R forum.
Second, a 'Boiler' is NOT a 'Heat Pump', you will need to confirm/clarify exactly what type of equipment you are looking at.
Third, you're going to need to get more information than what I see in the image you provided. Some sort of graphic showing where sensors are located relative to the device.
Without a graphic or better descriptions of what each point is, the table you provided is near useless.

Some things to keep in mind:
Gas usage is provide in one of 2 ways either by heat potential (W/Hr) or most frequently by volume(M[sup]3[/sup]/Hr).
A watt (W) is a measure of energy as is heat.

If you want to find a correlation between efficiency and ambient temperature you will need to build a log of information over time. What you provide here would be just one point in this log. The more points you have the better your conclusions will be.

You need to hire an HVAC Engineer to help you with this. Don't try to bootstrap this.

It seems to me that with the readings that you presented, the computer program would be a diagram of the entire set up with notations explaining the terms that you presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back