Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heat transfer coefficients for chilled water cooling coil for AHU

Status
Not open for further replies.

match

Mechanical
Apr 4, 2002
SG
I would like know how to determine the heat transfer coefficients for the chilled water cooling coil for AHU. On hand I have some data such as:
1) the on coil and off coil temp.
2) the latent and sensible heat tranfer of the coil at different RH(%), chilled water flow rate and fan speed
3) the fresh air supply temps

anyone can give advice would be very thankful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

AHU? WIT?
(WIT = what is that?)

See Perry's handbook and they'll give you the formulas and stuff ... this is a pretty straight forward heat transfer problem. You will be able to calculate the overall heat transfer coefficient of teh cooler. It also has tables of typical overall heat transfer coefficients for different systems.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, AHU = air handling unit.

Is the title of the book "perry's handbook" or it has a proper title?

Match!

You can use the formula mCp(T1a-T2a) = UA(T1c-T2c), if you are patient enough to measure the heat transfer area of the cooling coil.[wink]

Where LHS temperatures are that of entering and leaving air and RHS temperatures are that of chilled media. (I fear the questions LHS?, RHS? albeit abbreviations are being hated by the most of the eng-tips community).

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back