Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heat Transfer Coefficients

Status
Not open for further replies.

ran13

Aerospace
Dec 14, 2001
US
Where can I find a website with thermal conductivity of materials? I'm going to attempt a basic analysis of the heating requirements of an airplane so I'll need conductivity, radiation, etc. One of those one page lists is not nearly extensive enough to locate all the materials I'll be using.

Thanks,

Roger

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi ran13,

The reference books on thermal conductivity of materials are edited by Touloukian-Ho, Purdue University. See the vol. 1 and vol. 2.

Otherwise, look for trough the following gate:

Follow the instructions to come in to The Thermal Wizard where you'll find out the databases:

Metals
Non-metals
Air
Gases
Water
Liquids
Other Libraries

Pay close attention to the reliability of technical data coming from manufacturers and dealers.
Recently I've found out the Appendix on Thermophysical properties (very detailed and updated) on Lienhard's e-book
at:

If you need more detailed data there are very large databases where the access is available by fees.

I'm sure, the collegues in the forum, will point out to you others useful links on this subject.

Regards.

Gianfranco

I can't give you a website, but if it helps, I use a book called Chemical Properties Handbook by Carl L. Yaws published by McGraw Hill. It costs about $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back