Status
Not open for further replies.

Amine A

Mechanical
May 9, 2020
FR
Hello,
I put a piece in an oven.
can I impose boundary conditions of the room and see the evolution of temperature on the surface of the piece ?
can I do that in COMSOL ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, in COMSOL you can perform regular heat transfer simulation (Heat Transfer in Solids) and apply convection/radiation as boundary conditions. But you can also do Conjugate Heat Transfer simulation (multiphysics: Heat Transfer in Solids + Laminar/Turbulent Flow) to include air flow effects.

When specifying temperature as boundary condition directly or defining external temperature for convection/radiation, you can enter a function instead of fixed value. It can be a name of a function created before in Definitions --> Functions (several types available) or expression written using Matlab syntax. Just be careful with units and with names of variables used by COMSOL. For example if you create a step function named step1, you should enter step1(t[1/s]) in the expression field where temperature is specified. COMSOL will warn you about unexpected units, unknown variables and incorrect syntax, if they occur in your expression.

There's no need to define a variable. Just create a ramp function amd then enter rm1(t[1/s]) as temperature in boundary condition settings.

thanks. FEA way I need your help brother !
I need tut this model in comsol , but I didn't know what physics exactly should I use to resovle the problem I told you before. what is the different if I use "turbulent flow" or "heat transfer in fluid" and what are the boundary conditions that I should put to enter that temperature profile.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=68076c08-b4bf-4ef9-aeb9-32503d054b23&file=oven1.JPG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back