Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Heated Oven

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesBarlow

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2002
US
I recently recieved a request for quote for what I am calling a heated oven. The customer has asked for a pressure vessel that will accept a piece about the size of a shoe box. The vessel will then be pressurized to 45psi max and heated to 140F max.

Here is my dilema. The company I work for has U2 & U3 stamps, but we have never used the U2. The smallest vessel I have ever designed was 5,000 PSI. Rather than tell the customer that there are companies better equiped to make this vessel I am supposed to find someone to make and stamp the vessel for ASME compliance, and we will then sell it to our customer with a nice mark up.

I have no idea were to begin to find a company that can make this kind of thing. I think this would be a division 1 vessel, but I don't know this for sure. If anyone could point me in the right direction for this I would greatly appreciate it.

I am especailly interested in anyone in the Philadelphia, PA area that can do this so I can see the process since I am always interested in how other vessel companies make their products.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

James,
What you need is a manufacturer of autoclaves. There are
numerous styles from oven types to heated pressure vessels
with Quickopening closures. For something this small
you may want to contact JM Canty, Buffalo NY
They manufacture a quick opening
closure system that is ideal for 12" and under diameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back