Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HEC-HMS Deletes Data Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

djstrick110

Civil/Environmental
Feb 16, 2009
US
I'm working on a very simple HEC-HMS model consisting of one drainage area, and one detention pond with a culvert as the primary outlet, and the dam top as the auxillary outlet. This model works fine.

The problem comes when I copied this model to test a condition when the primary outlet would be blocked and therefore ineffective. The only modifications I made were that I deleted the culvert, and switched the dam top to the primary outlet with an elevation primary condition rather than inflow=outflow. What's happening is that HEC-HMS deletes the elevation-area table that I entered for the detention basin. I re-enter the data, click "Apply" or "Save" and it deletes all of the data I've just entered. I know this normally means that there's something off somewhere else, but I haven't been able to find the problem.

Any recommedations on how to correct this?

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Very strange. Are you using the paired data manager to create this table? Then going to the components tab to enter the data? Or maybe the first question should be what version are you using? They're up to 3.3, which is nice - now includes DelMarva DUH.

That is pretty weird. Maybe creating both scenarios w/ separate paired data (instead of copying) may solve the problem? I can't say I've ever had HMS delete anything! good luck.

Crystal: Yes, I was using the paired data manager in version 3.4.

Froude: That's exactly what I ended up doing - just building a new model since it's fairly small. That did the trick, so thank you!

I'm still curious as to why a copied model would just delete the paired data set, and not allow me to create a new one. Very strange...

It could be something to do with the DSS data. Sometimes it just goes haywire and has a mind of its own. Glad it worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back