Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HEC-HMS Error Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito G

Civil/Environmental
Jan 2, 2019
US
Has anyone came across a listing/index of HEC-HMS error numbers with an associated description/casue?
I am having an issue with a model I've been working on and I keep getting "error number 11" and I can't determine the issue.

ERROR: Error in computing storage-outflow for Upper Lake
Function: ReservoirCapacity; Error number: 11

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In lieu of specifics on the error number, I recommend that you look over your input. Make sure that your numbers are entered correctly then confirm that the stage, storage and discharge curve cover your expected discharge form the basin.

I believe I have found the cause of the error.
In my Elevation-area function for the reservoir, the storage is defined down to a certain elevation (an elevation below that of the "initial elevation" setting of the reservoir). When I attempt to run it I am getting the following error:

ERROR: Error in computing storage-outflow for Upper Lake
Function: ReservoirCapacity; Error number: 11

However, when I delete the Elevation-Area data below the "initial elevation" setting of the reservoir, the model runs fine. Any idea what could be causing this? Obviously, the program should allow storage to be defined below the "initial elevation" right?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back