Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HEC-RAS - CHANNEL DESIGN/MODIFICATION EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GtrNtn88

Civil/Environmental
Aug 23, 2013
US
I'm a bit new to HEC-ras and I'm using the Channel Editor to replace existing cross sections with trapezoidal sections. I created templates to replace the setions and then I saved the info a new Geometry File. For some strange reason, n values are carried throughout the section as specified in the templates and I get run warnings. any thoughts are appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not exactly sure what you mean by "n" values carried through; but, you can directly edit the roughness coeffs. Just look at the xsec editor and edit each xsec mannings roughness to what you are designing.

what you described is what i wanted to avoid. however, i was able to figure out that i needed to use the Channel Modification function with the original cross sections and that work out. thx

Oh yesI have used that in the past as well. There is an option to edit manning's roughness values by table that is relatively quick; of course, that depends on the number of cross sections. Glad you found the channel mod option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back