Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Helix.lsp error - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TspaceJ

Mechanical
Nov 18, 2004
US
Hi,
I installed the helix.lsp routine in autocad 2000 - for modeling 3d screw threads.

When I use HLX, enter the TPI, dia, length, resolution, AutoCAD reports the error:

"HELIX - Error: AutoCAD variable setting rejected: "SURFTAB1" 1
SYSTEM VARIABLES have been reset"

I am positive that HLX worked fine last time I used it (quite some time ago), but now on 3 different machines, it does not work. The model generated appears to be one thread.

Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are the system variables SURFTAB1 & SURFTAB2 present in ver 2000? The error message sounds like AutoCAD doesn't recognize "SURFTAB1", or that "1" is not a valid setting for it.

**UPDATE**

OK I checked a reference, valid settings for SURFTAB1 & SURFTAB2 is 2 to 32766. Maybe you need to modify your input to cause output to have more resolution, so it will (internally?) increase the SURFTAB setting.

Thanks for the suggestion - yes, 2000 has surftab1 & 2. I've also tried this with a machine running architectural desktop 3.3 with the same result.

On both the 2000 machine & AAD I tried bumping the surftab1 & 2 up to 10000 and it still returns the same error.

I swear HLX used to work on both of these machines...

Thanks again!
-TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back