Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello everyone, i am confused about

Status
Not open for further replies.

civil7860

Civil/Environmental
Apr 10, 2020
PK
Hello everyone, i am confused about a project so I am going to share here.
I have a project having five nodes for demand and their demand is also given. In that they have mentioned that this society requires "a hydrant within 500-feet of a single-family residents and 250-feet of commercial facilities with a residential NFF of 1,000 gpm and a commercial NFF of 3,125 gpm. In that project, they have given "FW demand pattern" for all nodes separately. Now my questions are as below
1) Should I put separate nodes for fire hydrant? or the FW demand pattern will deal with fire flow also? If I need to put separate nodes for fire hydrant then what should be the number of nodes for fire hydrant and value of demand in those fire hydrant nodes. I have designed my tank using emergency demand that was given and floating demand.

2) Second question is about what should be the "total time" in times tab located in browse tab in epanet software. Because by default it is zero. if I increase it to higher value like 24 hours then analysis is failed but if I keep it to 4 hours or lesser then it is successful. so, I am confused about it because thing changes the power and charges of pump operation.
3) if I want to check the quality of water in epanet software, then which data I need to put? and for finding water age issue, what should I do?

I will be very thankful to you for this if someone explains my answers one by one to simple words.
Looking forward for help of my seniors.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As a new poster here you are welcome. However, some basic thoughts should cover how you post. For instance, what is your responsibility on a job? What is your status as to experience and position on the job? What kind of position are you with respect to the overall project? Then reduce the number of questions to perhaps one or two basic questions. If there is any way to simplify your questions, do so. If you an indicate country or general area, that helps us a lot. A common problem here is the first post lacks some basic info and we don't know that until maybe 10 questions and answers are used. So be complete in getting started before any questions are posted.

I think this question involves local ordinances and national fire code. If one's not a present practitioner familiar with both, without background material, it is difficult to provide a pointed answer to the questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back