Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello Everyone I am having confu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghaote2015

Mechanical
Jun 27, 2016
IN
Hello Everyone

I am having confusion in between Pressure Reducing Valve and Flow Control Valve, my application is vulcanizing with 8 bar pressure and 150 Degree C temperature. in case of process fluctuation will my pressure inside the vessel decrease? and if it decreases then will it affect my heating temperature? currently i am using pressure control system in the vessel, still i experience temperature fluctuation sometimes which scrapes my product.please suggest me solution

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to describe your process better so we can understand it and also provide a schematic / ~PFD. remember we can't see what you can see unless you tell us / show us so questions like "in case of process fluctuation will my pressure inside the vessel decrease?" are impossible for anyone to answer as we don't know what your process is or how it works or what is connected into your vessel.

There is no difference in the type of valve - it's a control valve and all it can do is close and open in response to control signals.

These can be based on pressure, flow, temperature, manual set point, level - makes no difference to the valve. Often you can have more than one input into the valve positioner and it simply selects the lowest position

In many cases flow and pressure are related to one another.

if temperature is important to you then maybe your primary or secondary control loop is temperature

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Thank you for the reply

My process is rubber vulcanization. its a Tyre industry and i have to maintain 150 Degree temperature in the Press, for that i am using 8 bar pressure steam. sometimes at the start of the cycle when sudden rise in temperature is needed, i am not getting that rise in the given time frame, so i thought that may be its the problem of steam locking or pressure controller. my valve positioner works on only pressure input. i ruled out steam locking phenomenon because i can see the condensate coming out of the trap all the time of cycle.

Process description

Steam produced at 18 bar(g) and supplied to the vulcanizer at 8 bar through a PRV, after utilization of steam, condensate is being discharged at condensate header at 0.5 Bar(g) pressure. my main concern is that the temperature of 150 Degree should be maintained all the time, but at the start of the cycle, when i load the raw tyre on the vulcanizer i face sudden temperature drop. i suspect its is the PRV isseue. will this isseue be sorted if i replace pressure controller by temperature controller?

At the beginning of your cycle, is your system purged of inert gases?

You may be running into an issue of inert gases not being purged quickly enough for an adequate steam supply to be supplied to your vulcanizer...

You need to keep the pressure 8.5 to 9.3 bar. The f your boiler can't handle it seek improving performance or replace it.

General Blr. CA,USA

Marty has the right answer. A bypass can be installed on the steam trap to rid of air and gasses. Also the upper part of your equipment should have an air bleeder. You can also install a steam trap that operates on liquid and temperature combo. If all does not work then maybe your steam pipe supply is too small and you may need a dry steam accumulator near the process.

General Blr. CA,USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back