Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hello everyone, it is the first tim 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shm

Materials
Apr 26, 2001
MA
hello everyone, it is the first time I take part in this forum and really don't know how it should be, but anyway I will put my question. so my question is: is there somebody here who has an idea about how to test the flowability of CLSM (CONTROLED LOW STRENGTH MATERIALS) especially those which do not contain additives (les non-essorable)(those which have a water content very high with an aim of reaching their flowability).I had tried to test that with the slump test but that didn't lead to results significant.
thank you in advance for your answers.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How about the flow table test which is used to measure the workasbility of foamed concrete ( which is relatively fluid when compared with conventional concrete). Andy Machon

thank you GINGER for suggesting this test. however I want to know if the test you proposed is that of the vibrating table or it is another standard ASTM which is different. I ask this question because even the vibrating table does not go with this type of material : after two or three blows we realize that almost all the water is drained and remains only the aggregates. the origin of the problem is the fact that this material is very draining
and unstable.

shm I believe when testing this type of concrete they use a method whereupon you use a slump cone, only instead of measuring the slump you would measure the diameter of the spread. This would be for a self compacting type of mix.

Thank you UltimateVelocity for your suggestion.
however,I wonder if the slump cone is reversed or taken in the normal position, and if the mixute is pricked or not. I've tried to use this procedure as if it was a conventional concrete but it didn't lead to results.
any other idea??
thanks in advance

Use the slump cone in the normal position and do not tamp. Simply fill and record the average diameter of the spread. I believe you should have specs on this but you should be reading somewhere around 26-30 inches.

Ok UltimateVelocity, I will try this test method to see but i think that a 30 inch diameter is too much especially with aggregates having 8 inches in diameter!
thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back