Status
Not open for further replies.

ismail06

Mechanical
Jan 1, 2011
GB
Hello

I have the below question could anyone advise me

Current Scope : Refer to P&ID no. DZ-HBR-01-WSX-PRO-PID-0001 Typical Wellhead, 2" chemical injection designed by using heavy thickness 316SS pipe and special flanged ends valve high rating 10,000 psi

Propose to proceed: Redesign by using 1/2" 316SS tubing and thread (NPT) ends valve. No welding, NDT, hydro test, flange, gasket, bolting and valve rating 10,000psi required for this option which can save cost for materials and construction.

Change material chemical injection line size and type from pipe to SS tubing for oil wells is it Ok or NO

Thank you in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

And not if your flow needs a 2" pipe, though that does sound rather large.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Yeah. Big diameter for "tubing".

“What I told you was true ... from a certain point of view.” - Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Return of the Jedi"

We have built well dosing tubing systems with both large (~DN50) pipe and small (<20mm) tubing. Pressures to 200bar. If 1/2" tubing gives the require capacity then worth looking at.

Just for the record, 666 Bars here.
Would you weld, or thread, or both?

“What I told you was true ... from a certain point of view.” - Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Return of the Jedi"

Not ok. Threaded connections not permitted for direct connections onto piping or vessels in flammable fluids service. Follow the original design. Loss of containment risk with any accidental mechanical shearing forces acting at this DN15 weak connection. Check with your plant manager/ process safety engineer also.

Correct. I didn't notice chem injection. I auto assumed instrument of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back