Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Helo every one i have a sheet me

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpvnaresh

Mechanical
Jul 27, 2015
IN
Helo every one
i have a sheet metal plate meshed with shell elements.
When i solve with proper boundaty conditions ,
its getting solved and giving all the displacements and rotations zero.
can any one please tell what the problem is exactly.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you cannot run a static analysis (sol 101) without constraints (unless you use param,bailout,-1)

solution: constrain your model

sorry ,
By mistake i have exported a wrong .dat file.
Suppose if there are no constraints the model should not start solving , the model setup check will give an error saying , there are n constraints in the model.
in my case i have given proper boundary conditions (fixed on one end ).
Still it is giving excessive pivot ratios error as in the .fo6 file.(please open and look in to .fo6 file)
At a single node , few degrees of freedom are more than 1e7 and few are negative .
Any one please help me in this.

Hi
Thanks for the response
I have run normal modes analysis also.No extra rigid body motions found.
The problem is I am getting excessive pivot ratios at a particular node as follow.

GRID POINT ID DEGREE OF FREEDOM MATRIX/FACTOR DIAGONAL RATIO MATRIX DIAGONAL

378 T1 4.13818E+13 2.60162E+08
378 T2 3.84776E+14 1.08938E+08
378 T3 -3.53059E+14 3.08177E+08
378 R1 -6.08396E+11 6.87523E+08
378 R3 -1.79726E+11 6.07121E+08

If the excessive pivot ratios are all positive , I can get the solution by changing the MAXRATIO value in the parameters to the maximum value in the above list. In my case its a combination of positive and negative values what to do in this case.
And i want to know what may be the reasons behind getting this error( In my model neither rigid elements are there, nor dissimilar elements are sharing a node . ) please help me.

What do you mean by "no extra rigid body motions", there should not be any rigid body motions.

In the file you shared there were no constraint defined. It also seems like you are running Nastran bundled with something else. Could that be the source for error?

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back