Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(Help!) Concrete Pipe Loading Test Modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgsalman

Civil/Environmental
May 14, 2018
TR
Hello friends, I am very new in this forum but liked it. I tried to find some topics to help my issue but i couldn't. Now I explain;

I want to see concrete pipe reactions under loading. I learned ANSYS program in 1 day by watching youtube tutorials. I drawn the geometry very good but I am not sure about my modelling steps. Could you guys check my model and tell me what is my fault? While Solving, I got error messages. Please help me what can I do. I tried everything but this is unusually project(concrete pipe test modeling) so I couldnt find anything as my project.

I thought problem can be in;

1)Meshing
2)Support (fixed or anything)
3)Geometry (touching area btw pipe-impactor and pipe-support)

It is very important please help me as soon as possible. Thanx lot from now on.

Error Photo:
error_kb17vt.png

Model Link:
Link
Link

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OP said:
why no one help?
This might be helpful [URL unfurl="true"]http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html[/url]

OP said:
Could you guys check my model and tell me what is my fault?
I've not looked at your model. The error message suggests two things you should check:
1. Inappropriate load value.
2. Insufficient supports.

As part of the second point, it looks like you have contacts. Use the contact tool to check. Good luck.

Kind regards,
Jason

sorry about my topic. I can't speak Eng. very well so I couldn't tell my situation directly. Thanks for reply. I tried everything but I couldn't solve it. Contacts look fine. Also loads..

sk_cheah said:
I've not looked at your model. The error message suggests two things you should check:
1. Inappropriate load value.
2. Insufficient supports.

As part of the second point, it looks like you have contacts. Use the contact tool to check. Good luck.

Kind regards,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back