Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help help help, pro-e 2001 and ati fireGL v5100

Status
Not open for further replies.

threadkilla

Mechanical
Jul 17, 2001
US
os is Xp home edition.

this same build works fine on my existing machine but i've just upgraded and now i can load 2d files but not 3d files??? when i load 3d files pro-e locks up????

BTW my cpu usage is zero %

is this just a bad card?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The FireGL V5100 is not on the certified video card list for running Pro/E 2001. I'm not saying that's the problem but a good place to start along with checking the driver.

Best Regards,

Heckler

"Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups" John Kenneth Galbraith

thanks for the links.

i bitched at my puter supplier and they bitched back and i said "i'm leavin the machine here until we figure this out" they called back and it appears they needed to update the MB bios. it was working on the bench (actually they did two things, bios and drivers, and called but when i got there i made it crash. then we went back to the video driver that i updated to and everything worked without crashing) at there place.

i don't wanna be in a bad mood tonight so i'm gonna use the old puter until tommorrow.

KILLA out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back