Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help installing SW 2004 SP 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonlake

Mechanical
Nov 17, 2003
US
I have downloaded the SW 2004 SP2.1 so I can do the update.
I am running Windows 2000.
I am getting the problem described in the technical bulletin that the disk is not recognized.
I went to the command prompt and did exactly as the bulletin describes. Nothing happens. It doesn't install.

Please help.

Chris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you have the Disk in the CD-rom?

I had the same problem! I had problem getting the syntax just right. So make sure you have the CD in the tray and make sure the syntax is correct - otherwise contact your VAR and see what they say.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

crimsonlake

I have just recently upgraded our companies Solidworks and PDMWorks installations. Several of the workstations experienced the same issues. Any Solidworks 2004 disk 1 and disk 3 will complete the upgrade (it does not make any difference for the upgrade recognition), I have used several different sets of install disks and the installs completed without any issues. You just have to remove the disk and clean it off without exiting the installation (this may take a few tries before it does finally recognize the disk), in every case where it happened to me the install continues to completion after this little glitch. It's probably just poor quality disks, but it certainly should not prevent the installation.

However if it does continue to fail then you could follow the instructions and make the administrators image on your network (obviously if your only upgrading a few workstations then your probably not going to want to do that).

John Cole
Sr Mechanical Engineer
Impco Technologies, Inc.

I had the same problem while upgrading to SolidWorks 2004 SP 2.1. I cannot remember the disk number that the install was asking for, but tried that disk and it did not work. So I tried one of the other two disks that the install was not asking for and it worked.
Go figure.

Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back