Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP...I'VE LOST THE MAIN MENU

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepegas

Mechanical
Jan 7, 2004
GB
I was trying to install the express tools and somehow I lost the main menu bar...the most important one...
FILE-EDIT-TOOLS-WINDOW...that one not the other toolbar menus, I have those. Any advise, Thanks,
Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've tried all of the commands that I know including menu, menuload, options, etc. The closest I have gotten is in the options "display screen menu" but that is not selected on other computers with the "FILE--EDIT..." Menu on the top of the screen (which I can't get rid of on any other computers as well)

Do you know where your original menu is located? If so, type "menu" then find the menu you need (the .mnu file) when you load it, express may go away. But, that's no problem, just go to TOOLS, CUSTOMIZE MENU....from there you can load express back in without blowing out the orginal menu.

First off, what version of AutoCAD are you running? Your menus for AutoCAD are located under Program Files, AutoDesk, or AutoCAD; Support. There you should find acad.mnu (the standard autocad menu). Install this menu by using the command prompt menuload. Load the acad.mnu in that location. After the Acad menu loads you need to manually select each pull down by selecting the tab Menu Bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back