Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on A J PEG

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcharles

Mechanical
May 14, 2001
GB
I have received an assembly drawing as a JPEG file (why they couldn't send it in a CAD format I do not know!)> The problem being is I would like to import this drawing and put it onto our standard drawing border. I can do this by creating a new drawing with my format, and then importing the JPEG, stretching it to fit accordingly. It looks great on screen, but it won't print. Please could someone offer me a solution (apart from redraw the assembly!!!)

I am on PRO E 2001.
Running NT.

Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have had good luck plotting in Wildfire when importing bmp and tiff. Except, I dislike the stretching it into shape that I had to do.

Could you transform the file into a bmp or tif? They should plot out okay.

Charles,

I have a solution for you but I don't know if you'll like it. Instead of importing the JPEG file in Pro/ENGINEER, you can export your format drawing in TIFF, JPEG or CGM(best solution), import all the stuff in Photoshop or a similar program, strech your JPEG and print them from there.

-Hora.

I believe OLE objects (In this case JPEG/Bitmap)
will only print using "MS plotter" from Pro-E any other printing method just produces a blank space.

You can also convert the JPEG to vectors using Illustrator or Streamline by Adobe. If you don't have access to these programs, try and contact a local graphic design house and ask if they can do this.

Illustrator can save the vectors as a DXF which you can import into your format. The only issue I have with this method is the fact that Pro/E's tools for manipulating draft entities are somewhat cumbersome. I find it easier to use Cadkey to work with the DXF before importing it into Pro/E.

This method works pretty good with company logos for title blocks.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back