Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with sheet numbers glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat_db

Automotive
Aug 23, 2018
US
I am having an unusual issue and I hope someone can provide me a logical explanation.

I am using NX 10.

In the title block of my drawing I have a cell for sheet numbers using "<W@$SH_SHEET_NUMBER> OF <W@$SH_NUMBER_OF_SHEETS>" as the value for the cell. The drawing is a 1 page drawing, so the cell displays "1 of 1". The issue I am having is, If I insert any table template from my tables pallet, the value for number of sheets changes from 1 to 2 and the sheet number cell will now display "1 of 2" even though there is only 1 sheet in the drawing. If I do it on a 2 page drawing "1 of 2" will change to "1 of 3" if I insert a table from my tables pallet.

After I get this glitch, If I edit the sheet number cell and delete the "<W@$SH_SHEET_NUMBER> OF <W@$SH_NUMBER_OF_SHEETS>" and hit okay and then go back into the cell and add the sheet number syntax back to the cell then it will display sheet numbers correctly again, until I add another table to the drawing, then it does the same thing again.

Thanks,

Pat

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back