HHP steam flowmeter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instrumentworkhard

Electrical
Jan 6, 2016
TH
Hi all.,

Just facing the problem at site rigt now, our flowmeter D/P type and element Venturi tube cannot read any value right now.
The problem looks like they alway decrese the flowrate to Bad PV once we service HHP steam through the pipe line.
The installation of venturi tube is horizontal and tappings are vertical top, we installed the condensate pot above tapping about 2.5 meter and tubing go to transmitter by slope from condensate pot to transmitter about 3 meter from top. Actually this typical looks weird since we follow DEP (Shell). The condensate pot size also too small as well about 2" looks like "Can". (Sorry I cannot take the photo). For this case our supervisor suggest to shorten tube from tapping poitn and suddenly blend and slope to transmitter. This solution can we follow ? Can we take out condensate pot ? Normally I farmiliar of apping point in horizontal and condensate bot is big to creat more flow at the side with the same elevetion. But this case is very special due to space limitation and design of venturi tube tapping is vertical. Do any one has experience to rotate venturi tube by arrange tapping to horizontal ? I NEED TO STUDY VENTURI TUBE PRATICE DEPPY where is the good sharing column or article?

Instrumemt Rookie Engineer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The purpose of the condensate pots is to create a stable level. the steam rises up to the pot, condenses and then runs back down into the line. Both pots should be at the same elevation.
I would put them at the same elevation as the venture taps if they are at 3 or 9 O'clock or just above if the taps are sticking up. The taps must be somewhere between 9 and 3 O'clock so the condensate can run back to the line.

>condensate pot above tapping about 2.5 meter and tubing go to transmitter by slope from condensate pot to transmitter about 3 meter from top

That sounds like the transmitter is higher in elevation above the steam line than the condensate pots. Is that the case?

This 1961 diagram has an orifice plate, a legacy 'steam meter', and individual valves instead of a 3 valve manifold, but the concept matches your situation - vertical taps on a DP primary flow element (venturi).

Substitute your venturi for the orifice plate, your DP flow transmitter and 3 valve manifold.
URL]

Hi All.,

Thank you so much, now I almost settle this point let me show you all the result what I have done...
The picture will show to you all very soon. (Waiting for camara permission) >_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back