Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi all, I need some help. I have a

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob768

Mechanical
Aug 3, 2005
NL
Hi all, I need some help. I have a ship's model and performed some calculation with known excitation sources. For each source, I used a different load case. the aim is to calculate responses at several locations as velocity. I want to combine all loads to a single output files. Can someone please tell me how to do this, because I cant't get it to work.
I tried model=>output=>process, but that did not result in an overall new loadcase

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi rob768,

Do you want to run the model with a Load set witch take all the load definitions you create before?
If yes, you can create a new set and then "Copy to set" (with right clic) all the load definitions you create before from whatever Load sets.

Hope it will help you.

Justine

Hello Justine,

no, the other way around. I have 5 sets of results for individual sources (blade pressure excitation, unbalance, engine foundation forces etc). The are calculated for different frequency ranges, and i want to sum all those sets into a single output set.
The easiest way is to combine all loads in a single calculation set but i want to make sure the results (sum of individual sets vs. results of combine load set) are identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back