Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi all. I'm wondering what if any

Status
Not open for further replies.

richarda

Civil/Environmental
Dec 10, 2003
CA
Hi all.
I'm wondering what if any software you use for logging bore or test pit information. (soil descriptions, strata plots etc.) I did a bit of search online and I'm planning on trying a few demos. The one I am trying now is a program called 'Quicklog'. It seems pretty quick and straight forward. Presently, my company does its test pit logs in autocad which is enormously tedious. Expecially for the graphical representation of soil textures. lots of cut and past and redefining of hatch boundaries.

So if anyone has any input as to what software we should look into for ease of use and efficiency, that would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I like gINT. It's very powerful...

[pacman]

Please see FAQ731-376 for great suggestions on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

I haven't used gINT, but have heard excellent reviews from fellow engineers who sware by gINT. I am currently using Logplot 2003. It gets the job done and I'm impressed with the programs capabilities.

In my company they use SID; the guy who used it always complains; apparently the program keeps hanging up, not too many options with legend.

rgds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back