Hi Does Inventor software AUTOM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

murugansubham

Mechanical
Sep 24, 2003
US
Hi

Does Inventor software AUTOMATICALLY convert the 3D designs into fully dimensioned 2D panel drawings using Templates or from any kind of Macros run?

If we can setup drawing templates such that once a 3D model is created in Inventor the 2D drawing would be created automatically based on existing standards contained in a drawing template or from a Macro run.

If so, pls explain the procedure.

Thanks for the help.

Regards, Murugan.S

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no easy button.. Thats just marketing BS.. No way a piece of software can know design intent enough to "automagically" complete 2d drawings without user intervention. However it can pull in all the dimensions entered during the creation of the 3d part sketches and show those. But its not magic nor does Inventor support macros like Autocad does.

Inventor is a professional program and as such requires a professional level of training. How to do a drawing,working with templates, slight automation will be covered in your training. Don't expect us to be your trainer.

Thanks mcgyvr. Basically, I am a Solidworks / UG Guy. I want some Inventor expert's (like you) suggestion about this before informing to my customer.

Again... Thanks for the help.

Regards, Murugan.S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back