Hi Fellows! I am a Project Enginee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihtisham Saeed

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2024
PK
Hi Fellows!
I am a Project Engineer designated on a site near Arabian Sea in Karachi, Pakistan.
Our contract/ balance of quantity didn't mention initially that the specific requirement for wheeled type fire extinguishers mentioned in section 6.1.3.6 be also fulfilled i.e. in case of dislodgement, specially designed strap type brackets be installed for fixing the wheeled type/ car mounted extinguishers.

Since, cost of brackets is a problem therefore I have to ask for guidance and clarification of the clause.
Can anyone assist me in interpreting "in case of/ subject to dislodgement" for the above case?
Should I check the activity level of inhabitants of the building to determine the possibility of dislodgement?
It is an office building of less than 110 feet in height with a total of 8 floors (ground included) and a basement, not an industrial building.
Or should I look at the seismic activity level of the area and decide whether the seismic forces are enough to dislodge/ move the extinguishers (of a specific weight) from their specified location when they are not stapped on a bracket?

Best Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back