hi friends, Following problem am f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuvaraj Paramasivam

Mechanical
Oct 14, 2019
IN
hi friends,
Following problem am facing in profile chart drawing in AutoCAD 2013.
For Toolroom reference purpose we are making 5:1 or 10:1 profile chart drawing from AutoCAD, after taking print out the dimensions are changing from 0.1mm to 0.3mm in profile chart paper I don’t know why. Pls tell me either it’s an AutoCAD setting problem or printer problem.
Give me any solution pls

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

While it is not yet clear to me what you are trying to do, I can guess based on what you're described so far. If you can provide more specific information, it might be helpful.
Can you tell us what the end use of the paper print is supposed to be?

AutoCAD can scale model space when viewed in Layout space.
When plotting model space to a print there is a scale factor applied in the print menu.
When plotting layout space to a print then both of the two scale factors will be applied.
If you have not recognized one or all of these scale factors in your method of creating, viewing, and printing the drawing, then your results can be scaled in unpredictable ways.

Hi SparWeb (Aerospace)
Thanks for your reply
Am a Mechanical Part design Engineer and my role is complete the part design and send hard copy to toolroom. The toolroom want to complete my design into a physical part. Sometimes we design some critical profile jobs, for that jobs toolroom need profile projector sheet, once they complete those job they want compare their physical part with profile projector sheet with the help of profile projector machine. In projector machine using 5:1 or 10:1 lense , so I take my printout 5:1 or 10:1 scale ratio, but here am facing problem
For example,
My part original length is 10mm
I want take my print is 5:1 scale ratio, so I will set 5:1 in Autocad print setting (50mm is my final needed vale in projector sheet), but After complete print in projector sheet we are getting only 49.7mm.i don’t know why we are not getting 50mm exact value
This is the problem. pls tell me this is autocad print setting problem or printing machine problem
Thank you

For your purposes you should have a reference scale on the drawing, as there are on maps. Even if you do print exactly, how could this be verified by the user of the drawings?

You talk about projector sheet and projector machine; can you elaborate on this? What is the specification for the projector and its output? Have you run the calibration routines on it? Have you tried outputting a smaller dimension object?

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

It looks like instead of configuring the printer properly, somebody scaled the drawing up together with dimensions.
Read the manual?

"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert"
Arthur C. Clarke Profiles of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back