Hi i am looking for the smallest

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunclipa

Mechanical
Jan 25, 2022
GB
Hi
i am looking for the smallest possible solenoid , to fit in a 6 mm (diameter) x 14 mm space. Googled this but no luck so far. rotary or push pull type, custom maybe but prefer a stock item. its to swing a 8 gram shutter 0 to 90 degrees. with push pull i would need a mechanism to convert linear to rotary motion. i believe such small solenoids are used in smartphones and some printers. would greatly appreciate any help as its not my area of expertise

many thanks in advance
Sunclipa

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How much inertia in the shutter? Sheer weight is useless when address rotational motion. How fast? A shutter implies strict timing control.

YOU need to calculate the amount of power/torque required to move your shutter in the time YOU require to determine whether what you are seeking is even plausible. Just because you can imagine, or create a space claim for, something does not make it realizable. We call that unobtainium.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Hi Thanks

this is not really my field. My plan was to engage someone to help if and when i found the key device. if it cant fit into the space its would not be a viable product. Fast speed is not needed. 0.5 seconds to switch between the two states would be fine.
thanks
best regards
Tony

Again, what inertia are you designing, i.e., how long is the arm that moves the 8 gram load, or is it some other shape. Showing a picture of the "shutter" and its intended motion would make it infinitely easier to answer your question. You've failed to give even critical information that is ostensibly within your "Mechanical" expertise, per your own selection.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back