Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

hi i am modelling composite cylindr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyanendra singh

Structural
Aug 22, 2024
IN
hi i am modelling composite cylindrical tank to observe sloshing behaviour of water inside tank
1.) cylindrical shell part and eulerian part , assigning properties .... composite to tank & EOS us-up to water along with viscosity
assembled it & step is dynamic explicit , meshed all the parts and defined volume fraction , defined general contact (friction as 0.1) , applied gravity load and geostatic stress , predefined material property ..... material assignment , boundary condition is fixed for tank bottom ,a periodic amplitude to define displacement in horizontal direction and analyzed

problems occurring :
fluid is disappearing from domain cylinder is deforming initially i thought sometimes abaqus delete the over deformed cells by giving in waring but i am not confirmed yet.
how i will get natural frequency of sloshing of fluid and tank
should i use any other software (please mention) or any changes in boundary conditions or loading
if something is related to acoustics for fluid ..... (please mention)

you suggestions are welcomed
thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

An interesting step-by-step.
No idea of the software or other files mentioned are still available but it does have written steps and matching images.

There are also these:

I would also consider that if the tank is flexible enough to deform enough to affect the results, that tank won't work very long, but it certainly not impossible. Pools and water bags come to mind.

It is also interesting on the friction. If that is between the tank and the water, water typically has a friction of 100%. The molecules in the water will bind to the molecules of the tank. This is what produces the boundary layer in a fluid that, in bulk, is moving past a solid surface. What bulk water doesn't have is much resistance to shear; it does have resistance to shear rate, known as viscosity, which I see you have mentioned.

Further complicating things is water has no resistance to tension. There is surface tension but that is usually negligible except for tiny ripples.

I am not sure, but it seems reasonable to me that the natural frequency of the water will depend on the acceleration.

I know that the speed of a small wave on the surface of water changes depending on the amplitude (not a great explanation as there is a lot going on) but look at a deep ocean wave - it can be a couple of feet high, but when the wave reaches the shallow of a beach it might grow 10-20X but go much slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back