Hi I have a question about accele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lc85

Electrical
Apr 14, 2011
GB
Hi
I have a question about accelerometers. Does anyone know of a company/supplier in the U.K. that supplies 3 axis accelerometers that are wireless? Or even a bespoke unit that operates on radio telemetry?
Also a control unit is required which would be required to operate 2 trip signals when a set point is reached.[pre][/pre]
Every unit I have seen requires to be cabled but has anyone dealt with this kind of technology before?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends a lot on what size and weight restrictions you have. And time between battery changes.

If weight restriction are moderate and you can change batteries once every month or year, then an Aduino with Bluetooth or XBee can do it. There are kits available on the Web. Google Accelerometer XBee and find lots of them.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
Half full - Half empty? I don't mind. It's what in it that counts.

Thanks Skogsgurra,

This is for a temporary solution while the overall solution is being installed. I believe the furthest distance will be around 1km.

Thanks

Hi Lc85,
What data do you need to transmit over the 1km? (ie the two trip points or analog data or serial data)
Because of the distance, I believe that you are looking at a spread spectrum solution. I have used Data-Linc radios on many occasions to transmit analog, discrete and serial data over distances up to 25km.
You will not find a (good) vibration monitor that can transmit up to 1km.
I would suggest that you;
1) select the vibration hardware that best protects your equipment (ie GE Bently-Nevada, Metrix, etc)
2) determine what data need to be transmitted
3) select a radio system (ie Data-Linc)
Regards,
GG

Thanks groovy guy
I believe since this is a temp solution. We can just transmit the two trip points. Either of these set points ie the horz or vert could trigger the relays. Have you had experience in receiving/processing units that could trigger the relays ? Do bently Nevada provide such a simple unit?

Thanks[pre][/pre]

Hi Lc85,
I looked at the GE-BN website, and the unit that I used to use is now discontinued. It now appears to have been replaced with a model 2300/20 unit. Please note that is a 2-channel device. It comes with relay outputs.

Metrix units are generally less expensive, compared to GE-BN, and I have used a lot of these lately. The units that I have used are equipped with analog outputs, so you will need to supply an analog switch (Metrix offers these as well, or you can provide your own (ie Weidmuller, Phoneix, etc))

It really comes down to the criticality of the equipment and the cost of downtime, as to how much you are willing to spend.

Regards,
GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back