Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I need some help regarding draf

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaeeqRana

Mechanical
Apr 24, 2016
PK
Hi, I need some help regarding drafting in CATIA V5, I modified existing macro for title block, but was not unable to control frame and title block line thickness and font? Is there any option in CATIA to control these parameters, to bold some text in Title Block ?
I modified existing ISO Drafting standard, and created some drawings before this modification, now this standard does not update already drawn dimensions like arrow size, arrow style, Dimension font size, dimension font style, view line thicknes etc. Is there any option to update already existing dimensions to new standard or I have to draw all views and dimensions again ?
Anxiously waiting for kind reply.
Thanking in anticipation.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

once a drawing is created the standard is included in the file. If you change the standard in the catia env it does not change the standard in the file.

You need to update the file with the new standard. Select the sheet and check the page setup.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Thank u Fernando for ur time. In title block macro u can adjust font for each text but I could not find, how to bold text in macro.

Thank u @itsmyjob. When I update standard it updates line thickness, but does not update text style, font size, arrow style etc. Does there any code in CATIA files which dictate these parameters? Ok thank you I will try to update standard after selecting sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back