Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hi, I need to replace an old J51-T-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengt USA

Mechanical
Feb 8, 2022
US
Hi, I need to replace an old J51-T-14 "ice cube" relay used for a light sensor to an industrial grade garage door. Any idea where I can find a J51-T-14 or compatible relay?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Mr. Bengt USA (Mechanical)(OP)9 Feb 22 00:14
[COLOR=]"... I need to replace an old J51-T-14 "ice cube" relay used for a light sensor to an industrial grade garage door. Any idea where I can find a J51-T-14 or compatible relay?..."[/color]
1. most "ice cube" relays are of plug-in type. If you show it to the electrical hardware stores, they may be able to help out.
2. Otherwise, tell us a little more:
a) operating voltage e.g. xy V, AC+Hz or DC. Contact current rating e.g. (xy A),
b) Number of poles e.g. (1,2,3 or 4...), single-throw or double throw,
c) plug in with number of pins or fixed with base,
d) what is the present brand/manufacturer ? Attention: there are numerous "ice cube" relays on the market. They are replaceable by different brands, but the pin numbering/arrangement may be different.
Che Kuan Yau (Singapore)

Hi che12345, After further research, the correct name of the current contactor is LC2D094JVS004. Specs: Contactor, Reversing, 24 VAC Coil, 50/60Hz, 3-Pole, 690 Volt Rated Output 660VAC 25A. This contactor is no longer made and none of the part suppliers seem to have it in inventory anymore. So I call Schneider Electric and the equivalent new Contactor is model # LC2D099B7 which GrayBar can get it with one week lead time for $196 so hopefully this Contactor can do the same job. Thanks for responding to my post and willingness to help. Much appreciated! Bengt

Dear Mr. Bengt USA (Mechanical)(OP)9 Feb 22 23:09
[COLOR=]"... After further research, the correct name of the current contactor is LC2D094JVS004. Specs: Contactor, Reversing, 24 VAC Coil, 50/60Hz, 3-Pole, 690 Volt Rated Output 660VAC 25A..So I call Schneider Electric and the equivalent new Contactor is model # LC2D099B7 which GrayBar can ..."[/color].
I Google Schneider LC 2D099B7 product data sheet. It shows system voltage 690Vac Ok; but attention rated current AC1 25A, AC3 9A ! This is LOWER than your existing contactor rating . However, see also motor hp rating. Note: for reversing motor application, select AC3 duty/rating.
Che Kuan Yau (Singapore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back