Status
Not open for further replies.

Edenk

Mechanical
Jul 25, 2023
IL
Hi,
I would like to hear creative ideas.
I have a metal cell with clothes in it and I want to create a stop for these clothes that will not move inside the cell (the cell moves).
My plan is to put a belt/strap diagonally inside the compartment, while in the lower part of the cell the strap is connected with a zip-tie and in the upper part of the cell it is connected with a hook.
The problem is that the walls of the cell are flexible so when I put the hook and apply pressure it causes a slight bending and deformation of the cell.
You can see attached picture.
What other options do I have? I need the solution to be cheap and simple to implement, preferably without the production of additional parts.
I would appreciate advice and ideas, thanks!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8e370d88-23a1-4167-a178-472e2001def9&file=WhatsApp_Image_2023-07-25_at_17.12.29.jpeg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to specify the forces the restraint must endure; if none, other than gravity on the clothes, then a mesh netting would be a viable alternative, as it would not need any force to keep the clothes from falling out or slipping past a strap. That's what almost all SUVs come with, and that's a good enough reason for me

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Run the strap out the back and underneath the base of the cube. I don't see doors on the cube, and even if there were... what looks to be a velcro attachment point in the middle of the strap could still live inside the cubby with the clothes in it. You said no new parts, but if the existing strap doesn't fit, I bet you could find a piece of rope to do the job.

The hook for the strap looks more like it is designed to prevent a heavy object from being able to come forward out of the cubby. It is not well positioned to prevent up and down movement.

Find a hobby forum and post there.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Well first can you define the problem / issue a bit more?

What exactly happens now?
What is the issue - clothes falling out in heavy seas?
"preferably without the production of additional parts2 - so what is anyone supposed to use?
What force is too much?
Are all the cubicles the same?
What does the system look like in detail - location of holes or places to attach straps or elastics?
How much movement - describe the problem

Here's the picture for those who didn't look.

WhatsApp_Image_2023-07-25_at_17.12.29_p91sjt.jpg

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back