Hi there: I have made an executa

Status
Not open for further replies.

electron

Electrical
Dec 6, 2000
PR
Hi there:

I have made an executable application in Visual Basic 6 that gets data from an Access file whenever I hit a name on a map, it sends me to a form with a data control (DATA1)and the respective labels for each field and shows me all the data related to that place on the map. This application works fine on some computers but wont work on others. On the ones that doesnt work, when ever I hit one of the places on the map it shows me the error message I put on the form code and when Ihit "ok" on the error window it shows me another window with this message " (Class not registered) Looking for object with CLSID {00000010-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}. Any help will be appreciated. Thaks in advance.

Rafael Rafael

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Its probably bcoz u just copied the exe file. Try VB6's package and development wizzard to create an installation and make sure to include other dependent files such as ur database.
Also try creating ini file to save the path and use it in the your database "data1"'s database name. You may save it in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for single user and multiuser respectively.)

Sudip Shrestha (Squall)

It might be a question of MS Access versions.
If a computer is running MS Access2000 and your database is MS Access 97 you may need to install the drivers for MS access 97 on this computer. If this is the case I can give you a exe file to do this.

Peter.

bluprint:
I'm also seeing this error on occasion. Can you send me the EXE file you mention as a potential fix?

What is in the EXE file? Just the MSAccess97 Driver Install? If the Access2000 drivers are already installed, with installing the 97 drivers do any damage to Access2000 functionality? Wouldn't want to do that!

Thanks,
Dan

I meant ur EXE file; the file you created. Ur program may not work if u just coping the main exe file. Make an installation (it copies all dlls associated with ur program). And copy ur database too.

Squall

From a1vbcode.com:

When you use the Data Control in a Visual Basic project, keep in mind
that in the very depths of its source code, this OCX uses DAO 3.5 to
provide an interface to the data. Many of you have reported the
following error when installing an application with the Data Control
on a new machine:

Class not registered:
Looking for object with CLSID:{ 00000010-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}

In essence, this error results because VB can't find the DAO 3.5
object library on the target machine. This can occur if the PC has
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.1 or later installed. MDAC 2.1
fails to assign the proper registry settings pointing to DAO 3.5.
Microsoft provides several knowledge base articles to help you fix
these missing settings.

Q213846 INFO: Deploy Database Applications with the Package and Deployment Wizard (PDW)
Q240377 HOWTO: Ensure Jet 3.5 Is Installed Correctly

In order to get the proper registry settings pointing to DAO 3.5 does the end-user have to follow the steps in Q240377: HOW TO Ensure Jet 3.5 Is Installed Correctly - or, is there a way I can ensure Jet 3.5 is installed correctly somehow during PDW and the Setup program I create for my program?

What if the end user has Jet 4.0 already installed? Can they still follow the Jet 3.5 setup instructions? Can Jet 3.5 and Jet 4.0 both be installed simultaneously?

Thanks!

Hi

As someone pointed (although not clearly), every object is an active X control in some sense. The data Control may not be available or is not registered with Windows. This causesss the program to display that the CLSID is not available.

Include all ActiveX controls when you distribute your program. Contrary to other languages like C, VB does not include dependencies in its exe files. Create an installation using the packaging and distribution wizard or use a professional installation utility such as Wise installation wizard.

Regards
Sridhar

I am getting this error to on Win 95 and Win 98 1st edition machines only. I hace tried everything listed above but to no avail. If any one can help me with this it would be great.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

I am using msXML 4.0 in my application using Visual Basic 6.0, I wold like to make an exe which works on any computer where MSXML 4.0 may not install. If I make an exe and run on a system which does not have MS XML 4.0 it gives error couldn't create activex object.

Is any body having any solution.

sharad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back