Hi there My question is related

Status
Not open for further replies.

electron

Electrical
Dec 6, 2000
PR
Hi there

My question is related to the creation of a data base not of only words but also pictures and drawings. I been using paradox for the last four years and also using visual basic (because the executable feuture) although I dont like the unflexibility of VB on kind of limiting the size of the form to the screen size. The thing is that all this programs have certain drawings capabilities (paradox been the best, it has curved lines and arrows). But lately I had started using Auto Cad LT to make my drawings and export them as objects to Paradox or VB, but the only size I have been capable of export is the size of the screen, if I try to send a drawing bigger than the screen the drawing appears cutted on the paradox or VB object field. I wonder if somebody knows how to send a drawing in Auto Cad LT bigger than the screen to go to the Paradox or VB object field ?? I want this feuture to be able to see the small details of a big drawing and also like to have some electrical facilities desings I have, into Paradox, VB Access. With this programs I have been able to do written procedures in a visual way and also add pictures to it and make the learning proccess (at work)faster and more available. Thanks in advance.

Rafael Rafael

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Autocad has file format known as dwf drawing web file, which can be read by a browser. It has zoom, print, and capabilities to put layer's on and off, and store views.

It is actually an activeX control (Autodesk Whip 4.0 ) which you can place into a VB, Delphi, Or Visual C++ program.

You could store the name of the files in your database and retrieve them whenever you like.

Check out for an example using it with Delphi

Hope that this is what you are looking for, and feel free to contact me if you need more info.

Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back