Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hi - this is my first post on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMc_1

Industrial
Aug 3, 2017
GB
Hi - this is my first post on this forum so apologies if I make any errors in protocol.
I have a MS Project file (MSP 2016) that is a combination of two other files (Project A and Project B). Project A and Project B are updated independently from each other.

Certain tasks in Project A are driven by tasks in Project B and vice versa. I am setting up an interface section in the combined MSP file that extracts the key tasks from Project A and, in a separate area, the key tasks from Project B (these key tasks are shown as A4 and B4 in the attached file].
Is it possible to compare the Start date of A4 with the Start date of B4 such that these two rows (15 and 16 in the file) are highlighted as follows:
If Start Date A4 < Start date B4, then rows 15 and 16 are highlighted Green with black text.
If Start Date A4 = Start date B4, then rows 15 and 16 are highlighted Orange with black text.
If Start Date A4 = Start date B4, then rows 15 and 16 are highlighted Red with white text.

I would prefer that the formula for the three comparisons is only applied to the selected rows 15 and 16 (i.e. not to the whole project file).

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Pete

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7acc2de1-ea01-45c3-a3fd-31e0b17b45d9&file=Date_Check_in_Project.mpp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back